Camping with a group? Follow these 10 tips to ensure everyone has a good time
Planning the trip
- Make sure you have compatible skill levels and expectations before you set out.
- Don’t overcrowd the campsite. Keep the numbers down to six or fewer.
- Plan out beforehand who’s bringing what.
- Promote self-sufficiency. Borrowing personal items such as a toothbrush is a no-no.
- Each person should have specific tasks at camp.
While on the trip
- Never complain about the weight of your pack (especially if you’re carrying less than everyone else).
- Don’t brag about your gear.
- Don’t sleep in late when everyone else gets up early.
- Don’t become chatty while the others are trying to be quiet and savour the sunset.
- Stop complaining about the weather.